Self Defence Classes in Bristol
The Krav Maga Bristol Titans Academy offer self defence classes in Bristol every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday at 7.00pm
Why is Krav Maga so widely regarded as the Best form of Self Defence?
The combatives of Krav Maga are based on a mix of Western Boxing, Muay Thai, Judo and Jiu Jitsu – this sometimes leads to the question but what is the difference then between Krav Maga and a combat sport such as MMA, BJJ or Judo?
The differences are actually quite big. Although the combatives (striking or grappling) are the same, in sports you always train for a one on one sport scenario with rules set for safety and against a similar sized and skilled opponent. In Krav Maga we train to defend against this scenario and teach all of our students how to punch, kick and wrestle BUT we also spend time training in:
- Fighting larger opponents
- Fighting against multiple attackers
- Defending against attacks with weapons such as knives, firearms and bats as well as improvised weapons such as bottles and glasses.
- Dealing with threats – and looking to resolve a situation without having to resort to physical violence
- Training to defend yourself when you have your wife or kids with you