Is Krav Maga for me
Krav Maga is perfect for those who want to train for the street, whether its self defence training or someone looking to train in a modern martial arts system without the frills and fancy clothing. Krav Maga is not only the go to choice for the military but many professionals choose to use Krav Maga so they are equipped in a worst case scenario. Krav Maga is used by many law enforcement agencies as well as security professionals such as Close Protection Operatives (Bodyguards).
Great Reasons to Train in Krav Maga:
- Krav Maga is a tough physical and mental challenge
- You immediately start to train in useful self defence skills, ones that work now rather than in ten years time
- Krav Maga classes are fun and a great way to meet new people
- Our Krav Maga classes in Kingswood offer Professional instruction with 20 years experience training and teaching in the martial arts. Our Krav Maga club has been running in Kingswood since 2010.
- Krav Maga techniques have been battle tested and proven over 70 years of frontline work, to our knowledge there isn’t a single system on the planet which has been used for so long and by so many professional units.
- Our Krav Maga syllabus has been adapted for civilians – specifically British ones.
Krav Maga Training teaches you:
- How to strike and grapple
- How to fight on the ground
- Multiple opponent training
- Weapons defences
- Choke and tackle defences
- Impact weapon defences
- Ground survival tactics
- Mind sets, reactions and tactics in response to violence
I am a total beginner do I need any experience to begin training in Krav Maga?
Not at all! We have trained thousands of beginners in Krav Maga in Bristol since we first began teaching (Krav Maga) in 2010. On your first class you will learn how to strike and how to block basic attacks. You will learn essential tactics and strategies that you can implement on the street from your very first Krav Maga class.
What does Krav Maga offer me?
First Class Self Defence Training
Krav Maga is a modern martial arts and self defence system. It is designed specifically for modern threats. Commonly the traditional martial arts don’t evolve – Taekwondo high kicks were designed for kicking people off horses, Ju Jitsu as a joint locking system was designed to combat soldiers wearing body armour. Some systems favour high kicks because they score higher in point scoring tournaments. In Krav Maga we look only to the most functional techniques, and pay no attention to which “looks” the nicest.
For a functional, no frills, no belts system which is designed for the street then Krav Maga is your go-to option.
How can I get started
If you are based near Bristol you are in luck, Bristol Krav Maga Schools has professional instructors across the city, you can find them here.
If you are outside of Bristol go to the club finder and you can look to see if British Krav Maga has a class near you.